Sunday 26 May 2013

Katsudon

Katsudon is a popular Japanese rice dish in which a bowl of rice is topped off with a deep fried pork cutlet along with other optional condiments such as egg or onions. The dish takes its name from the Japanese words Tonkatsu (for pork cutlet) and Donburi (for rice dish). There are different variations of it but the most common one will be shown in the picture.
 
At Sushi Tei,  I ordered a Katsudon. It came in a square bowl and was topped with shreds of Japanese seaweed. I was already completely mesmerized by the wonderful look and the strong pleasant aroma wafting around it as it was served to me, it was definitely “love at first sight”. I took a bite of the crispy golden-brown pork cutlet along with the sticky Japanese rice and fell completely in love with this dish. The crispy skin of the pork cutlet combined with the juicy, tender meat filled my mouth with ecstasy as the different, unique tastes came together in-sync to produce a mini orgasm in my mouth. All these wonderful feelings and it was only my first bite! There was definitely so much more to come. I slowly ate my hot piping bowl of Katsudon, cherishing every bite, every flavor of the dish, I felt like I was in heaven. . However, all good things have to come to an end. After 45 minutes of feasting on this wonderfully cooked dish, there was none left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment